The international working groups emerged from the first degrowth movement assembly in Copenhagen in 2018. They differ from the degrowth realities showed on the map; those are locally organised, while the working groups connect people internationally.
1) Activists and practitioners
The aim of this group is to support degrowth activists/practitioners around the world and to promote international campaigns and collective actions.
The roles of this working group are the following:
1) Support the organization of (decentralized) international degrowth campaigns. Examples for this could be the annual degrowth picnic or online media actions on occasions like Black Friday or Overshoot day.
2) Support the organization of collective and centralized actions where activists from the many different degrowth realities can come together physically. For example a degrowth demonstration for the next COP on climate change, a protest action against a big infrastructure project, etc.
3) Support of activists and practitioner groups, in particular newcomers, by being a reference (per call and email) for people interested to engage with degrowth. It can provide contacts (other groups, experts on certain topics, etc.), materials (literature, graphics, IT tools, etc.), and suggestions to support their ideas and actions.
Contact email: activism-degrowth(at)riseup.net
The goal of this group is to support the international community of researchers interested in themes related to degrowth. Currently, the group is working on compiling a database of researchers, research centres and collectives dealing with these topics and making it publicly available to help members of the community connect and collaborate. Everyone who is interested in research, regardless of their institutional affiliation and approach to research, is welcome to be part of this initiative.
The group is self-managed and self-organised and is open to new proposals and members.
You can join the mailing list at email@example.com.
3. Communication, publishing and editing via degrowth.info
Degrowth.info is the international web portal around degrowth which you are currently visiting. The webportal is managed by the web editorial team and open for people to contribute: you can write blog posts, add items to the library, or volunteer with us.
4. Online communication and networking
This group assembly produces degrowth perspectives on questions around Communication & Networking and is moderated by the Network Operations Centre 2. Here we publish about realities of existing practices. Access to online platform.
Information will follow soon
6. Narratives of degrowth
7. Artists and Designers
Involving and exploring the role of artists and designers in the emergent models of education and production for Degrowth
1/ Learn to know each other in our diversity
2/ Gathering data and creating dialogues between resources and practices
3/ Connecting Artivism and Design for activism, empowering through emotions in all system strata
4/ Questioning utility and thinking about a “No Design” campaign